CREATIVE ARTISTRY by
For price quote on paintings and commissioned artwork:
Please contact us email@example.com/Ed Alejandre
STORE: (sorry, under construction)
NOTECARD SETS w/matching envelopes
Orange County, California
#110 Anaheim (Wolke-Stoffel) House, 418 N. West Street -1894 by John Wolke, who's family lived in it for twelve years. Residence of the Peter Stofell family for forty three years. Dedicated a city Landmark and refurbished by the Native Sons and Daughters of the Golden West in 1970. Headquarters of the Anaheim Chapter of the Red Cross, Anaheim
#111 Balboa Pavillion, Built in 1904 by the Newport Bay Investment Company at a cost of $15,000.00 to coincide with the Pacific Electric Red Car Line completed in 1906. It also served as a landing point for the ferry from Corona del Mar. Authentic interior rehabilitation by the Balboa Pavilion Company. Style: Waterfront Victorian pavilion, California Historical Landmark and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Location: 400 Main Street, Balboa
#112 Bradford House. Home of Albert Sumner Bradford in 1902 on his Tesoro rancho. Bradford founded the city of Placentia, helped to bring the railroad and was President of the Chamber of Commerce from its beginning until his death in 1933. He organized the Placentia National Bank and the Brafdford Packinghouse. Historical Site No. 22, placed 1978. National Register of Historic Places. Location: 136 Palm Circle, Placentia
#113 900 Cypress Street, formerly on Claudina Street in Anaheim. This Queen Anne residence had been altered into four apartments, the facade completely changed and the tower removed. Restored to original with authentic wood shingles and original color scheme matched
#114 Dr. George C. Clark home and office (Heritage House), The restored Eastlake style building composed of redwood and fir, serves as a museum of family life and medical practice of the 1890's. On site is a windmill/pump house complex. Dr. George Crook Clark, 1863-1948, from Gallia County, Ohio ventured west and by 1890 settled in Fullerton. His involvement ran the gamut from music to politics. In 1890 he established the Fullerton Orchestra In 1894 he was elected to the office of Coroner and Public Administrator for Orange County.. His home contained the doctor's office and pharmacy. Between1901 and 1904 Clark assumed an active role in the city's incorporation process. By 1905 Clark was a member of the first City Board of Trustees, the Southern Pacific Railroad physician, founder of the McKinley Club, a Fullerton School Trustee and a charter member of the Fullerton Masonic Lodge. Clark was on the Board of Directors of Fullerton's first hospital and a founding partner of the Johnston-Wickett Clinic. Clark served the community in his medical capacity until his retirement in 1940Spared demolition by the Fullerton City Council, relocated in 1972. National Register of Historic Places, Inventory of California Sites, Orange County Historical Site #2 and American Revolution Bicentennial Project. Location: 1894. Fullerton Arboretum, Yorba Linda Blvd. California State University, Fullerton. Fullerton Arboretum: 22 acres located at the northeast corner of the campus. The arrangement of plantings differs from many other botanical gardens in that the plants are grouped ecologically according to moisture requirements. Among the different environments are: a palm garden, subtropical fruit grove, conifer area, Community garden, cactus and succulent garden, Apiary with working bee hives and a carnivorous plant bog specially prepared as a habitat for carnivorous plants (the only constructed site in the Southwestern United States where such plants are grown outdoors for display and demonstration.
#115 Howe-Waffle House and Carriage House, Built of California redwood in 1889, the year that Orange County was created. Restored as a City-County U.S. Bicentennial project as a tribute to Orange County's first woman doctor ( Dr. Willele Howe-Waffle who's husband, (Dr Alvin Jared Howe), was Santa Ana's Mayor.was120 Civic center Drive West. National Register of Historic Places
#116 Newland House, Built in 1889 standing on high ground overlooking what was once known as the Santa Ana Gap, a marshy lowland between Huntington Beach and Costa Mesa by William Taylor Newland, a pioneer banker, newspaperman, rancher, builder of the first local school and first church. One of the organizers of Orange County. The home was restored as a U.S. Bicentennial Contribution to the people of Huntington Beach. It is an example of a Queen Anne 1 1/2 story cottage, originally built as a farmhouse. Location: 19820 Beach Blvd, Huntington Beach. Headquarters for the Huntington Beach Historical Society. National Register of Historic Places
#117 O'Neill Museum, Built in the 1880's by Jose Dolores Garcia, occupied by Albert Pryor (1903-1930'3). One of the first wooden structures built in San Juan. predating the the railroad (1887). The Single wall construction held together at corners is unique because at that time lumber was scarce Restored by the San Juan Capistrano Historical Society. Location: 31831 Los Rios Street, San Juan Capistrano
#118 Orange County Original Courthouse,
Architecture: Richardsonian Romanesque . in Southern
Register of Historic Places - Built in 1900 of Arizona red sandstone, this is
the oldest existing county courthouse in Southern California. Significant and
far-reaching court decisions were handed down here, including the 'Whipstock'
case dealing with slant oil drilling, interpretation of farm labor law, and the
Overell trial which resulted in law regulating explosives.
#119 Stevens House-1887, Built 1n 1887 for pioneer Tustin resident, Sherman Stevens. Redwood for the house came from Northern California to Tustin via ship to McFaddins Landing in Newport Beach and was carried to Tustin by team and wagon. Stevens was a partner with Ed Utt and James Irvine in the cultivation of 1,000 acres on the Irvine Ranch. Location: 228 West Main Street, Tustin
#120 Ware-Stanley House, 1891Garden Grove. A two acre site, called Heritage Park, dedicated to preserving a visible link in early Garden Grove. Edward G. Ware settled there in 1876 becoming a prominent rancher and developer of the Eureka walnut first grown there. His daughter L. Agnus Ware Stanley, was a early school teacher. Site deeded in 1970 to the Garden Grove Historical Society by the Stanley family. Historical site #13, placed 1976, a Bicentennial Project.
#121 Whitaker Jaynes House and Museum. The House was built for Andrew W. Whitaker from Indiana in 1887. His brother, James A. Whitaker, a wholesale grocer from Chicago had bought 690 acres of land here in 1885 to establish a cattle ranch. A land agent for Santa Fe Railroad, named George Fullerton, convinced Whitaker to subdivide his property instead. Whitaker's acreage bordered the rail route. So on June 17, 1887, Whitaker registered his map for the town of Buena Park with Los Angeles County (Orange County was not formed until 1889). Totally restored in 1970 and tours conducted by the Buena Park Historical Society
Please visit us again for updates, Thank You
Please contact us at:firstname.lastname@example.org/Ed Alejandre